- Getting Around
Coming this Fall!
Pierce Transit is offering new services to improve your SHUTTLE experience.
Coming this Fall! An automated phone feature that will:
- Call the day before your scheduled SHUTTLE trip as a reminder and to provide an option to cancel your trip
- Call to provide you a ready time if you didn’t receive one at time of reservation
- Call approximately 20 minutes prior to your estimated time of arrival on the day of your trip
- Call to inform you of a No-Show
This new system is designed to help remind our valued customers of an upcoming trip, which will reduce the number of No-Show or Late Cancellation occurrences, as well as eliminate the need for our customers to call Pierce Transit directly to get a more accurate pick up time. It will give our customers the assurance that their scheduled trip is in the system, will arrive the next day and give them a more definitive arrival timeline on the day of that trip.
Late Cancellation Policy
Because last-minute cancellations can slow down service and increase our costs, Pierce Transit has a policy for canceling SHUTTLE reservations. When you call to cancel a trip, please be sure to cancel all of the trips you will not be taking on that date. Failure to cancel at least two hours before the scheduled trip results in a late cancellation.
- Customers who are not at the location at the time of the scheduled confirmed pick-up will be charged with a no-show for that trip.
- Three late cancellations within a 30-day continuous period equal one no-show.
- Cancellations made at the door for an on-time pickup will be considered a no-show.
- Cancellations made at the door on a late pick-up due to provider fault, will not be considered a violation.
Customers must cancel their trip(s) two hours before their scheduled trip(s).
Failure to do so results in a late cancellation, and three late cancellations within a continuous 30-day period are treated as one no-show. Once a customer accumulates no-shows equaling 10% of their total trips within a continuous 30-day period, the customer will be notified of a suspension from SHUTTLE. For full SHUTTLE policies and information, please visit our website.
When customers schedule trips and then fail to take them without proper notice, our efforts to maintain timely service and minimize costs are impacted. A no-show occurs when a customer does not board the vehicle within five minutes of the SHUTTLE vehicle arrival within the scheduled 30-minute window, the customer is not there, or no longer wants to take the scheduled trip. If you have requested a trip and cannot ride, it is your responsibility to call SHUTTLE Customer Service and cancel the scheduled trip.