Pierce Transit waives ORCA card fees on new cards
Pierce Transit is pleased to announce that individuals needing new adult or youth ORCA cards will not have to pay the $5 card fee now through February 28, 2021. All transit agencies accepting ORCA are waiving the fee to encourage contactless forms of payment to reduce the spread of COVID-19. (First-time ORCA Regional Reduced Fare Permit (RRFP) or LIFT cards have been and will continue to be free.)
You can get your free ORCA card by:
- Calling ORCA Customer Service: 888-988-6722 (ORCA cards typically take 5-7 business days to arrive by mail) – adult cards only
- Visiting a store that sells ORCA cards – adult cards only
- Using ORCA ticket vending machines – adult cards only
- Completing and mailing in this ORCA Card order form – adult or youth cards
- Visiting Pierce Transit’s Bus Shop or any other ORCA Customer Service Office (NOTE: You may experience extended wait times in person while measures are in place to limit the spread of COVID-19) – adult or youth cards
Please note that this offer is NOT available for cards purchased on ORCAcard.com. Due to technical limitations, cards on the website will continue to be $5.
Here is the fine print:
- Limit three adult cards per person
- Limit one youth card per person for ages 6-18 (NOTE: Proof of age is required, so youth cards are only available in person at customer service offices or through the mail)
- Offer does not apply to business accounts, replacement cards, or previously purchased ORCA cards
Once you get your new ORCA card, you’ll be able to add value to it, in the form of Electronic Purse (E-purse) value, or a pass. There are many types of passes offered, some at discounted rates. To find out which ORCA product is right for you, give us a call at 253.581.8000, option 1, then 1 again, or visit ORCA: Products (orcacard.com).
The Smart, Easy Way To Ride The Bus, Train & Ferry
Your ORCA card works like cash or a pass, automatically tracking the value of different fares and transfers so you don't have to.
No need for correct change, just tap your ORCA at the card reader and your fare is paid. Whether you commute in the region by ferry, train, rail, or bus - or a combination - one card is all you need.
ORCA is accepted on: Community Transit, Everett Transit, King County Metro Transit, Kitsap Transit, Pierce Transit, Sound Transit and Washington State Ferries.
Your card can be personalized for your needs:
- A regional pass like PugetPass.
- An agency-specific pass like the Pierce Transit Adult Monthly Pass or Pierce Transit All Day Pass.
- No need for correct change, your ORCA transportation balance is called an E-purse.
- A combination pass and E-purse.
And, if you register your card, you can monitor the card and have the security of balance replacement if your card is lost or stolen. Want more info about fare products and card types?
Quick. Convenient. Worry-free. Visit ORCAcard.com to learn more.
Public transit agencies throughout Central Puget Sound are building the next generation of ORCA. The new ORCA will greatly improve the customer experience, offer new payment options, maintain customer data security, and be flexible enough to adapt to changing technologies. Learn More HERE.