What is the JBLM Runner?
The JBLM Runner is an innovative on-demand stop to stop service specific to military personnel, their families as well as employees needing transportation services to and from the Joint Base Lewis-McChord military base. Riders must show a valid military ID to board one of the eight designated and convenient bus stops. Riders pay their fare using an ORCA pass or use Transit app, an All Day Pass, or exact cash. Providing these services is a great way to serve our military personnel who sacrifice so much for us daily.
What is the zone?The JBLM Runner will meet you for pick-ups/drop-offs at:
- Lakewood Transit Center
- Lakewood Sounder Station - Bay 6
- Bridgeport Way & Pacific Hwy SW
- Bridgeport Way & San Francisco Ave SW
- Visitor Main gate
- Barnes Blvd & D St SW
- McChord Base Exchange (Barnes Blvd & 14th St)
- B St SW & Lincoln Blvd SW
- JBLM Commissary
- Olympic Dining Facility
There are 4 ways to pay
- Pay exact cash in the farebox.
- Use Transit app with mobile fare of your choice (One Ride Ticket, All Day Pass or 30 Day Pass)
- Show the driver your valid ORCA card
- Show the driver your valid All Day Pass
- $2.00 for an adult
- $1.00 for those with Regional Reduced Fare Permit
- FREE for Youth riders 18 and younger (must show Youth ORCA card).