What is the Pierce Transit Tideflats Runner?
The Tideflats Runner provides on-demand public transportation services in commuter-oriented employment zone. The unique patterns and congested street network in the Tideflats area prohibit a regular bus from traveling on many of the streets and roadways. With its smaller vehicles, the Tideflats Runner can get around easily, connecting employees to parking at the Tacoma Dome Station as well as recreation opportunities along Ruston Way. Riders may be grouped into a single vehicle if rides are going to a similar location, helping to reduce wait times.
Things to remember:
Cash fares cannot be accepted on-board; load cash onto your ORCA E-Purse at ticket vending machines or participating ORCA retail locations. You must use the app or call to book a ride. Service animals are welcome on board but we cannot accommodate pets. The service is open to anyone but is not designed to accommodate large groups. When booking your trip for more than one person, remember to specify how many people are riding together in your group. This is a pilot project and service may be limited especially at peak times and when events are happening in the zone.
PT Runner service will not operate on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
What does it cost to ride and how do I pay?Pierce Transit Runner has the same fare as riding a Pierce Transit bus:
- $2.00 for an adult
- $1.00 for those showing a Regional Reduced Fare Permit or paying with an ORCA LIFT card (beginning April 1, 2023)
- FREE for Youth riders 18 and younger (must show Youth ORCA card or valid student ID).
There are three ways to pay:
- Use Transit app with mobile fare of your choice (One Ride Ticket, All Day Pass or 30 Day Pass)
- Tap your valid ORCA card
- Show the driver your valid paper pass
- For youth riders only, show the driver your student ID