ORCA Business Passport
Business Passport is a deeply discounted comprehensive annual transportation pass program for employers with 5-499 employees. Custom Passport is also available for companies over 500 employees.
Business Passport includes unlimited travel on all Pierce Transit, Sound Transit, King County Metro Transit, Kitsap Transit, Community Transit, and Everett Transit services, including Sounder Train, Link Light Rail, Seattle Streetcar, and King County Water Taxi (Vashon and West Seattle routes), 100% vanpool subsidies, and Emergency Ride Home (ERH) taxi service. Washington State Ferry passes can also be added on individual employee cards.Program Highlights:
- ORCA Business Passport is deeply discounted from retail pass pricing, and is available only to businesses.
- Unlimited regional travel on participating transit agency services.
- One pass covers all employees’ commute needs – whether it be traveling to work, traveling evenings or on the weekends.
- Saves time not having to manage monthly transit passes.
- Must provide to all benefits eligible employees which allows employers to offer an equitable transportation benefit to everyone.
- Includes 100% vanpool subsidies – Custom vanpool priced separately.
- Includes the Emergency Ride Home (ERH): Employees can take up to six taxi rides home per year (and get reimbursed) in the event of an unexpected emergency, allowing employees to feel comfortable leaving their car at home.
How does it work?
Business Passport requires that a pass be purchased for every benefits-eligible employee. However, participating companies can choose to have employees who receive the pass pay up to 50% of the annual cost of the individual pass. Cost also varies depending on the location of your company’s work site.
ORCA Passport Pricing:
The price of ORCA Business Passport varies depending on the location(s) of a company’s work site. Passport prices are based on average ridership levels within zone boundaries, and are adjusted every 6 months to reflect fare changes amongst the seven participating transit agencies. Pierce County has two zones: Tacoma/Fife/Lakewood, and the Pierce County Suburbs. For current pricing, details about pricing boundaries, and company qualifications, please contact Sharon Stockwell, Employer Services Coordinator at 253.581.8112 or email@example.com