- Getting Around
2020 Gig Harbor Trolley Cancelled
The Gig Harbor Trolley is a treasured summer tradition. Like so many other traditions, the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the implementation of the planned 2020 Trolley service. Pierce Transit, the City of Gig Harbor and Gig Harbor’s Trolley partners have been eagerly planning to begin service when Pierce County reaches Phase Four of the state’s reopening plan, when large gatherings are permitted and people can move more freely.
Unfortunately, with the recent indefinite pause in all counties moving forward, it is looking much less likely we will reach that phase before Trolley service would be close to ending. As a result, the partners are not optimistic we will be able to provide Gig Harbor Trolley service. At this time, Trolley service is cancelled for 2020. We plan to return to regular Gig Harbor Trolley service, better than ever, in 2021.
Pierce Transit, in partnership with the City of Gig Harbor, Gig Harbor Chamber of Commerce, Merchants of Uptown, the Gig Harbor Downtown Waterfront Alliance, and Heron’s Key, is excited to offer seasonal trolley service in Gig Harbor.
PT TROLLEY, Pierce Transit's Route 101, provides convenient service between the historic downtown Gig Harbor waterfront district, Harbor Hill and the Uptown shopping district. Trolleys run daily every 30 minutes; see enclosed schedules and map for details. Trolleys also connect with other routes at the Kimball Drive Park & Ride.
SPECIAL NOTE! This year, the Trolley will not affect Route 100. Our seasoned riders are the best and we wanted to continue to provide easy commute options.
To view interactive map with stops and more CLICK HERE
FARES (PER RIDE)Fares are subsidized this year by the PT Trolley Partners
- 50¢ cash fare for Adults (ages 19 and up) and Youth (ages 6 - 18). Drivers do not carry change.
- RIDE ALL DAY FOR JUST $1 Adult and youth Trolley passengers may purchase a Pierce Transit All Day Pass for just one dollar when purchased onboard the PT Trolley Route 101. Just tell the driver you want an All Day Pass, then insert exact cash into the farebox. (Pierce Transit All Day Passes purchased onboard other PT routes, or loaded onto ORCA cards, cost $5 for adults, and $2.50 for youth or riders with a Regional Reduced Fare Permit.*.
- FREE for children age five and under.
- FREE for seniors and individuals with disabilities with valid Regional Reduced Fare Permit*.
- ORCA cards may be used. Just tap your card on the ORCA logo.
- Valid passes and One Ride Tickets will also be honored for fare payment.
*For details about how to obtain a Regional Reduced Fare Permit, or for help planning your trip call 253.581.8000.
Look for Trolley Stop Signs
Trolleys make many stops along the route. Just look for a trolley stop near you, and use the schedules to estimate when the trolley will arrive at your stop. On board, your driver will be happy to help you find the trolley stop nearest your destination.
EXPLORE GIG HARBOR
Gig Harbor is a wonderful place to explore, especially in the summertime! Climb aboard the PT Trolley Route 101 and discover your new favorite places. You’ll find event and destination details online.
ANIMALS ON BOARD
All animals brought on board trolleys and buses must be kept in suitable containers, except for service animals.
BRING YOUR BIKE
Trolleys have racks that hold bikes. If a bike rack is full, bikes may be brought on board unless it becomes too crowded. Cyclists are responsible for securing their bikes, and must hold them when on board the trolley. Gig Harbor has several biking trails close to Trolley stops.