human service agency TICKET AND pass program
Human Services Agencies enhance the well-being of their clientele by providing benefits and services to those in need. Pierce Transit has created the Human Service Agency Ticket and Pass program in an effort to support the those agencies, their clients and our community with essential transportation options. Certified Human Service Agencies (HSAs) can purchase One Ride Tickets and All Day Passes for those they serve. Some HSAs may quality for a 50% discount (see if your agency qualifies below).
HSAs may qualify for a 50% discount (see below on how to qualify). Pierce Transit encourages all HSAs to enroll in the program to provide more options for Pierce County transit users.
How to qualify, apply and order
Certified HSAs that are tax-exempt under IRS subsection 501(c)(3) may qualify for a 50% discount. For more information or to see if your agency qualifies complete the certification form. Certified HSAs may order their One Ride Tickets or All Day Passes by visiting the ticket purchasing page.
"In a larger effort to short circuit the school to prison pipeline by offering support and intervention for youth, the discounted bus pass program has been a huge help. Many of the youth we serve rely on the bus, so being able to provide them with bus passes helps alleviate transportation barriers." -Isaiah Rivera, Tacoma Boat Builders
"This is like a wish come true for us" -Kerri Pedrick, Communities in Schools of Lakewood
"Our clients are generally either homeless or transitioning from homelessness to an apartment. Either way, they tell us that the bus passes are a life saver to get to jobs and interviews. They are also necessary for everyday things like grocery shopping and doctor appointments" - Mary Beth Quinsey, Lenny and the DreamMakers
Frequently Asked Questions
- If we're not a qualifying 501(c)(3) agency, how can I purchase passes?
- Non 501(c)(3) agencies can place their order here using our online order form.
- If you're not a Human Service Agency but want to learn about other options for paying your fare, please visit our Fares page.
- If you're a business that wants to learn about a convenient, cost effective way to provide bus, train, ferry or vanpool benefits to your employees, visit our ORCA for Business page.
- Do tickets and passes have an expiration date?
- Yes. Pierce Transit All Day Passes and One Ride tickets have an ultimate expiration date printed on the front. They must be used prior to that date. No exchanges or refunds will be offered for expired tickets.
- How do I know which ticket/pass type to purchase for my clients?
- Since paper transfers have been eliminated, it’s best to know the travel habits of your clientele. If paying with a One Ride ticket, the client will need to pay each time upon boarding a bus. However, if the client pays with an All Day Pass, the pass becomes active once it’s dipped in the farebox and is valid for the rest of the service day. It is valid for unlimited rides on Pierce Transit buses until the expiration date and time imprinted on the back.
- Can clients use the All Day Pass on SHUTTLE?
- No. This service is for registered SHUTTLE passengers only.
- How do I pay for my order?
- For shipped orders, you must pay by credit card at the time of ordering.
- For pick up orders, you can pay at the time of placing the order OR choose to pay in person at our Tacoma Dome Station Bus Shop. We accept credit (except MasterCard), Apple Pay, check, or cash.
- How do I receive my order?
- You can choose to have your order shipped to you, or you can pick it up at the Pierce Transit Customer Service Center (formerly the Bus Shop).
- If mailing is your preference, you will receive an email with a tracking number once your order has shipped. Pierce Transit is not liable for orders once they have shipped.
- If you choose to pick your order up, an email will be sent notifying that your order is ready for pick up.
- Who can I contact if I have specific questions regarding the Human Service Ticket and Pass program?
- For more information contact Customer Service at hsa@PierceTransit.org or 253.581.8000.