human service agency TICKET AND pass program
How to qualify, apply and order
Certified Human Services Agencies may purchase paper One Ride Tickets and All Day Passes. Certified HSAs that are tax-exempt under IRS subsection 501(c)(3) may qualify for a 50% discount. For more information or to see if your agency qualifies, call 253.983.2727 or complete the certification form. Certified HSAs may order their One Ride Tickets or All Day Passes by visiting the ticket purchasing page.
"In a larger effort to short circuit the school to prison pipeline by offering support and intervention for youth, the discounted bus pass program has been a huge help. Many of the youth we serve rely on the bus, so being able to provide them with bus passes helps alleviate transportation barriers." -Isaiah Rivera, Tacoma Boat Builders
"This is like a wish come true for us" -Kerri Pedrick, Communities in Schools of Lakewood
"Our clients are generally either homeless or transitioning from homelessness to an apartment. Either way, they tell us that the bus passes are a life saver to get to jobs and interviews. They are also necessary for everyday things like grocery shopping and doctor appointments" - Mary Beth Quinsey, Lenny and the DreamMakers
Frequently Asked Questions
- If we're not a qualifying 501(c)(3) agency, how can I purchase passes?
- If you qualify as a Human Service Agency, you may still purchase passes through our Human Service Agency Ticket and Pass program. Please contact Denise Downs at ddowns@PierceTransit.org or 253.983.2727 for more information.
- If you're not a Human Service Agency but want to learn about other options for paying your fare, please visit our Fares page.
- If you're a business that wants to learn about a convenient, cost effective way to provide bus, train, ferry or vanpool benefits to your employees, visit our ORCA for Business page.
- Do tickets and passes have an expiration date?
- Yes. Pierce Transit All Day Passes and One Ride tickets have an ultimate expiration date printed on the front. They must be used prior to that date.
- How do I know which ticket/pass type to purchase for my clients?
- Since paper transfers have been eliminated, it’s best to know the travel habits of your clientele. If paying with a One Ride ticket, the client will need to pay each time upon boarding a bus. However, if the client pays with an All Day Pass, it is valid for unlimited rides on Pierce Transit buses until the expiration date and time imprinted on the back. The pass becomes active once it’s dipped in the farebox and is valid for the rest of the service day.
- Can clients use the All Day Pass on SHUTTLE?
- No. This service is for registered Shuttle passengers only and requires a Shuttle One Ride ticket, Senior-Youth-Disabled One Ride ticket, or cash to pay for fare.
- How do I pay for my order?
- When you place your order online at https://www.piercetransit.org/ticket-order-form/ you have the option to pay with a credit card or by check. If paying with a credit card, follow the instructions on the order form. If paying by check, you can either mail the check to Pierce Transit or bring your payment with you when you pick your order up at the Tacoma Dome Station Bus Shop.
- How do I receive my order?
- You can choose to have your order shipped to you, or you can pick it up at the Tacoma Dome Station Bus Shop. When choosing shipping, payment must be received before the order can be shipped. Additionally, if you pick up your order, please wait for a confirmation email stating your order is ready for pick up.
- Who can I contact if I have specific questions regarding the Human Service Ticket and Pass program?