LINK Light Rail Construction
Sound Transit’s Tacoma LINK light rail expansion project has begun and its impacts are being felt on and near many Pierce Transit bus routes within the City of Tacoma on the following routes.
- Pierce Transit Routes Affected: 1-11-16-28-57-102
- Work is happening on the following streets:
- Commerce to Stadium Way from South 7th Street to North 1st Street
- North 1st Street from Stadium Way to Division Avenue
- Division Avenue from North 1st Street to North M Street
- Martin Luther King Junior Way from Division Avenue to South 19th Street
While much of this work is coordinated with Pierce Transit in advance, there are times that the multiple Contractors working on this Sound Transit LINK project are working in a location that will result in short notice detour that will possible impact a Pierce Transit bus route and or having a bus stop(s) being closed on short notice.
We always strive to minimize the impacts to our Pierce Transit customers, this is a large project that will be underway until its estimated completion time in 2022.