ORCA LIFT COMING SOON
TO PIERCE TRANSIT!
On February 13, 2023, the Pierce Transit Board of Commissioners approved a proposal to have Pierce Transit join the ORCA LIFT fare program. Effective April 1, 2023, Pierce Transit will accept ORCA LIFT adult fare payment on bus and Runner services.
What is ORCA LIFT?
ORCA LIFT is a reduced adult fare program that is offered to individuals that meet the eligibility requirements up to or equal to 200 percent of the current Federal Poverty Level Guidelines*. If you qualify, you will be able to pay $1 per one-way trip on the following transit agencies’ services:
- Sound Transit Services such as ST Express, Link Light Rail, Sounder Commuter Rail
- King County Metro Buses, Seattle Streetcar
- Kitsap Transit buses
- Everett Transit buses
- And NOW Pierce Transit buses and Runner services
The following enrollment facilities are available for you to submit your applications in person, or you can apply online here. Acceptable documents used to determine qualification or eligibility status are listed online here (application documents).
JOIN US AT THESE UPCOMING SPECIAL ENROLLMENT TIMES
Pierce Transit has teamed up with our regional partners King County Public Health & Sound Transit to conduct ORCA LIFT outreach and enrollment in the community.
To assist with the process of eligibility for ORCA LIFT applications, representatives will be available on-site at the Pierce Transit Bus Shop. No Appointment Needed, Just Drop In to Have Your Questions Answered!
Tuesdays & Thursdays - 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
March 21 & 23 | March 28 & 30 | April 4 & 6
Bring along your verification documents to apply!
Acceptable forms will be required to validate your eligibility. Please have at least two (2) of the following ready when applying for ORCA LIFT. 1. Current Government-issued photo ID 2. Proof of Income. For more information on valid documents, visit info.myorca.com/LIFT
Pierce County ORCA LIFT Enrollment Centers
- Pierce South Community Service Office – 1301 E. 72nd St., Tacoma, WA 98404
- Puyallup Community Service Office (virtually only) – 201 West Main St., Puyallup, WA 98371
- Pierce North Community Service Office – 1949 S. State St., Tacoma, WA 98405
- Lakewood Community Service Office – 5712 Main St. W. #100, Lakewood, WA 98499
- Community Health Centers:
- 1020 MLK Jr. Way, Tacoma, WA 98405
- 1708 E. 44th St., Tacoma, WA 98404
- 10510 Gravelly Lake Dr. SW., Lakewood, WA 98499
- 11225 Pacific Ave., Tacoma, WA, 98444
- 134 188th St. S., Spanaway, WA 98387
How does ORCA LIFT work?
- Initial ORCA LIFT card is free
- If your ORCA LIFT card is lost, stolen or damaged, replacement cards are $3
- An ORCA LIFT card lasts for two years after you receive it. You can renew by reapplying via the application process
- You can reload your ORCA LIFT card with e-Purse value or a transit pass at any ORCA card vending machine ORCA-Where to Buy or online ORCA RELOAD
- If you do not have enough money to cover your next trip, the ORCA LIFT card will allow you to travel with a negative balance of up to -$2.75. Riders will be required to pay with their next ORCA reload.
DON’T WAIT! APPLY TODAY!
*Check the current information on Federal Poverty Level Guidelines since this information changes periodically.