- Getting Around
What is the Pierce Transit Spanaway Runner?
The Spanaway Runner provides on-demand transportation to the public, connecting students, workers, seniors and those with limited mobility to and from community resources, appointments, school, work and transit hubs within the Spanaway Runner zone (shown in the map below). Trips must have a starting point and destination in the specified Spanaway Runner zone.
The suburban sprawl and rural properties in these areas do not support full-fledged bus service, which makes it difficult for residents to get where they need to go. Runner uses smaller, wheelchair-accessible vehicles to provide trips when and where needed, and to make it easier to reach local and regional transit options.
What does it cost to ride and how do I pay?Pierce Transit Runner has the same fare as riding a Pierce Transit bus:
- $2.00 for an adult
- $1.00 for those with Regional Reduced Fare Permit
- FREE for Youth riders 18 and younger (must show Youth ORCA card).
There are three ways to pay:
- Show the driver your valid ORCA card
- Show the driver your valid All Day Pass
- Use the Passage: Transit Ticketing app with mobile fare of your choice (One Ride Ticket, All Day Pass or 30-Day Pass)