Welcome to Pierce Transit’s Care-A-Van Program
When Pierce Transit’s vans and shuttles have reached the age of retirement from transit, they can still provide a valuable service to our community. The Pierce Transit Care-A-Van program grants retiring vehicles to qualifying not-for-profit or governmental organizations that provide rides and services for people with special needs. The vehicles can be used for a variety of purposes such as transporting individuals with special needs to jobs, providing transportation to meal sites, or taking low-income seniors to medical appointments or shopping.
Vehicles are awarded quarterly in accordance with Board resolution 15-061.
Applications are accepted on an on-going basis. If your organization has a not-for-profit designation and would like to apply for a retiring vehicle, please click on the links below to learn about the program and submit your application:
• Eligibility, Rules, Requirements, and Application Packet (download)
• Sample Agreement (download)
• Financial Security Requirements (download)
Recipient: Mountain View Community Center
Mountain View Community Center is planning to use their 12-passenger van to transport students to summer camp and on educational trips, and take seniors on day trips.
- Spanaway Lutheran Church BASE program
- Road to Independence
- Tacoma Rescue Mission
- New Hope/Homeward Bound – Freezing Nights
- Alchemy Indoor Skatepark and Education Center
- Graham-Kapowsin Community Council
- Goodwill of the Olympics and Rainier Region
- Tacoma Housing Authority
- Tacoma Shine Youth Athletics