Fare Amendment Proposal Update
On February 13, 2023, Pierce Transit Board of Commissioners approved the fare amendment proposal of adopting the ORCA LIFT program. To learn more about how you can apply for ORCA LIFT visit here: ORCA LIFT
Effective April 1, 2023, Pierce Transit will accept ORCA LIFT adult fare payment on bus and Runner services.
What is the Pierce Transit RUNNER?Pierce Transit Runner is on-demand public transportation that allows you to book rides straight from your phone within dedicated micro transit zones. Currently, we offer the JBLM, Ruston, Tideflats and Spanaway Runner services. Each service has its own zone or designated pick-up/drop-off spots where this may be an ideal option for “first and last mile” connections between your starting point and other transit services. Point to point trips are also allowed anywhere within some Runner zones.
- Depending on the Runner service, you may call for a ride at 253.581.8000, or book a trip using the Goin App which is available for download below.
- Specify your group size where applicable (not designed to accommodate large groups)
- You can also catch a Runner while it’s out and about; just walk up and request a ride. Look for the sign on the dashboard indicating availability.
What does it cost to ride and how do I pay?Pierce Transit Runner has the same fare as riding a Pierce Transit bus:
- $2.00 for an adult
- $1.00 for those with Regional Reduced Fare Permit
- FREE for Youth riders 18 and younger (must show Youth ORCA card).
There are three ways to pay:
- Use Transit app with mobile fare of your choice (One Ride Ticket, All Day Pass or 30 Day Pass)
- Show the driver your valid ORCA card
- Show the driver your valid All Day Pass
How is Pierce Transit RUNNER operated?
- Pierce Transit provides on-demand services through a combination of local funds and grant awards.
- All on-demand services and vehicles accommodate wheelchairs and bicycles.
- On-demand services are designed to connect patrons to transit centers, bus stops, employment and retail opportunities.
Things to remember:
No cash fare payments accepted (except on JBLM Runner)
Use Goin App to book a ride (except on JBLM Runner)
Use Transit app with mobile fare of your choice (One Ride Ticket, All Day Pass or 30 Day Pass)
Specify your group size where applicable (not designed to accommodate large groups)
Standard service update due to COVID
CLEAN & DISINFECT VEHICLE
After each ride team members pay special attention to spray the surfaces that they and passengers frequently come in contact with.
HEALTHY DRIVERS If a team member has a mild illness, respiratory symptoms, or has a fever (100.4 F or above), they stay home and keep away from others.
GOOD HYGIENE Team members wash their hands frequently for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol to disinfect their hands. They don’t touch their face with unwashed hands. They do cover a cough or sneeze. Team members have masks and gloves. They may also use gowns, face shields and a plastic barrier in the vehicle.