- About Us
- Pierce Transit At A Glance
- Board of Commissioners
- Executive - Finance Committee (EFC)
- Combined Communications Network
- Customer Service
- Service Area
- Budget & Finances
- Contact Us
- About Us
CTAG Meeting Archive
March 21, 2013
CALL TO ORDER
Chair Dennis Townsend called the meeting to order at 5:30pm.
ROLL CALL AND ATTENDENCE
CTAG members present:
Paul Bala, Ken Gibson, Penny Grellier, Karen Hausrath, Bridgett Johnson, Chris Karnes, Randall Stearnes, Sheryl Tate, Dennis Townsend
Lind Simonsen, Terence Artz, Amanda Smith, Justin Leighton, Lynne Griffith, Tim Renfro, Lani Fowlkes
Public present: Mike Raymond, Tacoma
Lind Simonsen introduced staff members who were there to make presentations.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Chair Dennis Townsend moved and Paul Bala seconded approval of the February meeting minutes. Motion carried.
CTAG MEMBERS AND STAFF REPORT ON ACTIVITIES
Members Chris Karnes, Ken Gibson, Penny Grellier, and Dennis Townsend reported on their recent activities.
STAFF LEGISLATIVE BREIFING
Government Relations Officer, Justin Leighton gave an update on the 1898 bill stating that it is still waiting for a vote at the House. The transportation package is still under consideration in the Washington State Legislature to allow an Enhanced Public Transportation Zone.
PRESENTATION AND Q & APresentation and discussion: Lynne Griffith, CEO, Pierce Transit. General information on topics to better prepare CTAG members for questions they're getting including:
- Why does the percent of the service reduction keep changing/going down?
- What's going on with sales tax revenue, use of reserve funds, is there a Pierce Transit "fiscal cliff"?
- How does Pierce Transit compare to other agencies; executive and union salaries, comparative size of admin. staff, has the admin. grown significantly?
- What are the details of "Auburn agreement"? Would this type of agreement be used to forge partnerships with other cities (Tacoma)?
Lynne thanked the CTAG members for their service and asked to be invited to their meetings again.
Presentation and discussion: Tim Renfro, ADA Eligibility Administrator, Lani Fowlkes, Vanpool Asst. Manager made a presentation on Special Use Vans/Community Use Vans – concept, purpose, and philosophy. Tim and Lani will report progress at the September meeting.
INFORMATIONAL & DISCUSSION ITEMS
- Review, discuss, and reach consensus on plan of action regarding CTAG responsibilities as outlined in Charter Article III, Scope of Work. Deferred to next meeting and moved to the top of the agenda.
- Review, discuss, and reach consensus on plan of action regarding City of Tacoma Transit Partnership Proposal as presented by Members Cheryl Tate and Chris Karnes. Deferred to next meeting and moved to second on the agenda.
NEXT MEETING ITEMS & REQUESTS
It was requested by members that items #1-2 of the Informational and Discussion Items be moved to the top of the agenda to be discussed at the April meeting.
The meeting was adjourned by Chair Dennis Townsend at 7:35 pm.