Tacoma Dome Station Parking Renovation
Work begins March 2018
After 20 years of operation, Tacoma Dome Station is in need of repairs and improvements. We are happy to report that coming soon you will experience improved lighting, better signage, repaired concrete, fresh paint and a general clean-up at this important transit hub.
The extensive work will begin on March 12, 2018 and take about one year to complete. During that time, approximately 200 parking stalls will be blocked off on a rotating basis to conduct the work. The affected stalls will shift throughout the east and west towers and impact each floor at some point during the project. Signage will be posted at Tacoma Dome Station before and during the work.
Since this is already a very popular parking location, you may experience a more challenging time finding an empty parking stall while the work is underway. We sincerely thank you for your patience as we make these important repairs and improvements.
Effective Monday, September 24th, parking availability in the West and East Garages of Tacoma Dome Station will change! East Garage Parking Level 5 will be closed, and West Garage Parking Level 1 will re-open for general parking. West Garage Levels 1 thru 7 and East Garage level 6 can be accessed from the West Garage E-street and Puyallup Ave entrances. Also, level 1 vehicle passage-thru will be closed from September 24-28. During that week, the East Garage can only be accessed from the East 25th street entrance. Use extra caution and drive slowly for everyone’s safety. These changes are necessary as we continue to make progress on the much-needed Mid-Life repairs at the facility. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Allow for extra time to navigate around the construction in the area.
Neighboring impacts to traffic flow:
- The City finished street improvements along Freighthouse Square and has changed the traffic flow to one-way traveling east.
- Beginning as early as September, a private developer is scheduled to demolish the blue warehouse to the southwest of the garages; impacts to traffic flow entering the West Garage from the E-street entrance is unknown at this time.
While the work is going on, here are alternate parking options for you to consider:
There are 48 free stalls and approximately 20 pay parking stalls available in the lot immediately east of Tacoma Dome Station at 704 Puyallup Ave., opposite the Tacoma Dome Station bus loading area and clock tower.
NOTICE: This lot is closing effective May 31st. We are working diligently to provide alternative parking in the vicinity. Additional information will be posted here as soon as an update is available. We apologize for this unforeseen situation.
There is a daily pay parking lot to the west of Tacoma Dome Station on Puyallup Ave., under I-705.
The Tacoma Dome is opening its "A" lot on East D St. and E. 27th St. to the public for monthly parking. People using this option should be aware that parking will not be available on some dates due to events at the Tacoma Dome. Those dates will be posted on site in advance. For more information about parking at the Tacoma Dome “A” Lot, please visit www.rpnw.com call 253.627.4401.
You may also want to consider other options, such as:
- Sounder train patrons heading north may park and board the train at the South Tacoma or Lakewood stations. Visit soundtransit.org for details.
- Find an alternative to driving your vehicle to Tacoma Dome Station, such as taking transit to that location.
- Ask a friend to drop you off.
- Form your current Vanpool/carpool at another location.
- Start a Vanshare group and take a van together to Tacoma Dome Station (piercetransit.org/vanshare).
- If possible, shift your schedule to arrive earlier in the morning.
- Explore piercetransit.org or call 253.581.8000 for alternate bus routes, transit centers, Park & Rides and Vanpool/Vanshare options.