The maps show below are what your routes will be doing if they are on snow detour.
The following routes are most likely to be affected by severe weather. You may board your bus along the unaffected portions of the route.
If your route is not on the list below, congratulations -- your bus is probably able to run its normal route even in snow and ice. However, service on all routes may be running much slower than usual. Because each storm is different this sometimes forces us to take detours different from the ones shown on the snow maps or what is listed below.
For the latest information or talk to a customer service representative at 253.581.8000. SHUTTLE riders can call 253.581.8100 (Option 2) or the latest route and service information.
Every attempt will be made to continue wheelchair-accessible service. However, occasionally sand and salt interfere with the lift mechanism Call 253.581.8000 before heading to your bus stop. Snowy weather may cause delays and temporary detours, but our transit operators and support staff work to give you the best service possible.
- Wait for the bus at the top of bottom of the hill closest to the stop.
- Signal the bus so that the operator has plenty of time to stop.
- Wait until the bus stops and the door opens before approaching the bus.
- Use handrails when getting on and off the bus.
- Wear highly visible and warm clothing.