News & Announcements
On Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 27 and 28 Pierce Transit will provide express bus service for visitors to the JBLM Air Show and Warrior Expo at Joint Base Lewis-McChord. Rides to the event will take place from three locations:
- Lakewood Towne Center, Lakewood, behind the Target and Barnes & Noble stores;
- Tacoma Dome Station, Bus Platform at Puyallup Ave & East G Street, Tacoma; and
- Lakewood Sounder Station, 11424 Pacific Highway SW, Lakewood.
Parking is free at all three locations. Service to the event runs every 30 minutes from 8:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. both days; there will also be some buses running back to the parking areas during those times. Return service to parking locations resumes at 4 p.m., with the last trip leaving JBLM at approximately 4:45 p.m. Event gates open to the general public at 9 a.m. and flying begins at approximately 11 a.m. Pierce Transit buses will use a separate entrance from personal vehicles, putting riders nearer the air field and helping them avoid having to navigate traffic onto and off the base, as well as secure parking.
Bus fares for the JBLM event are:
- Adults: $2 for a one-way ride; $5 for an all-day pass;
- Senior/Disabled: $1 for a one-way ride; $2.50 for an all-day pass (with valid Regional Reduced Fare Permit); and
- Youth 18 and under: $1 for a one-way ride; $2.50 for an all-day pass.
- Special “Family Fare” rate: Up to four children ages 13 and under may ride free with a fare-paying passenger.
Exact cash, ORCA cards and one-ride tickets are accepted. Specialized transportation is available for registered SHUTTLE customers during regular SHUTTLE service hours. Call 253-581-8000, Option 1, then Option 2, one to five days in advance to schedule the trip.
Identification is required at the entry control point for all guests 16 years of age and older. Visit www.piercetransit.org/jblm-air-show-express/ for more information, including a list of prohibited and permitted items.
August 16, 2016
May 27, 2016
April 27, 2016
April 27, 2016
April 6, 2016
NOTICE OF SPECIAL STUDY SESSION MEETING
The purpose of the meeting is for the Board to discuss current and future investments in the Pierce Transit system, including restoration of service hours, refreshing/renewing transit facilities and bus shelters and the expansion of Sound Transit service Read More »
March 16, 2016
March 4, 2016
Notice of Public Hearing
Pierce Transit's draft edition of the Long Range Plan, titled Destination 2040, has been filed with the Clerk of the Board. A copy of the entire draft plan, including the appendices, is available for review and comment until April 1, 2016. Read More »