News & Announcements
On Sunday, Sept. 11 Pierce Transit will restore and improve its service to include increased frequency and more night service on a number of routes. The changes include:
• Route 1: 6th Avenue-Pacific Avenue. On weekdays, more mid-day trips are added to improve connections: six new trips from Tacoma Community College and seven new trips from SR-7/Mountain Highway. Mid-day frequency improves from 20 minutes to 15 minutes.
• Route 2: S.19th St. & Bridgeport. On weekdays, more mid-day trips are added: Four from 10th & Commerce and five from Lakewood Transit Center. Mid-day frequency improves from 30 minutes to 20 minutes.
• Route 4: Lakewood-South Hill. Weekday evening service is extended until 9 p.m. Two trips are added from Lakewood Transit Center, and one trip is added from South Hill.
• Route 10: Pearl St. On weekdays, evening service is extended until 8 p.m. Three trips are added from Point Defiance, and three trips are added from Tacoma Community College.
• Route 13: N 30th St. On weekdays, evening service is extended until 7 p.m. with the addition of two trips from N. 24th & Proctor, and two trips from the Tacoma Dome Station.
• Route 14: Proctor District. On weekdays, evening service is extended until 8 p.m. with the addition of two trips from N. 24th & Proctor and one trip from Tacoma Dome Station. On Saturdays, trip times are adjusted and one trip is added from the Tacoma Dome Station.
• Route 45: Yakima. On weekdays, all trips leaving 10th and Commerce depart five minutes earlier, creating better connections with Route 4.
• Route 51: Union Ave. Route 51 now travels to McChord Dr. & Bridgeport in the Springbrook neighborhood, providing connections to the Lakewood Transit Center. Route no longer travels to the Lakewood Sounder Station.
• Route 54: 38th St. On weekdays, three evening trips are added from 56th & Portland, and one evening trip is added from the Tacoma Mall Transit Center.
• Route 100: Gig Harbor. On weekdays, schedule times are adjusted in both directions of travel.
• Route 202: 72nd St. On Sundays, schedule times are adjusted in both directions of travel.
• Route 425: Puyallup Connector. On weekdays, trips from the Puyallup Sounder Station are adjusted. On Saturdays, scheduled are adjusted in both directions of travel.
• Route 500: Federal Way. On Saturdays, mid-day service is increased to 30-minute frequencies with the addition of seven trips in each direction
Pierce Transit is in the midst of a comprehensive review of its fixed-route bus service. An initial review of those results drove these improvements. The agency will complete the analysis this fall and make recommendations to the Board of Directors later in the year for additional route improvements and expansions to take place in March, 2017.
August 16, 2016
April 27, 2016
April 27, 2016
April 6, 2016
NOTICE OF SPECIAL STUDY SESSION MEETING
The purpose of the meeting is for the Board to discuss current and future investments in the Pierce Transit system, including restoration of service hours, refreshing/renewing transit facilities and bus shelters and the expansion of Sound Transit service Read More »
March 16, 2016
March 4, 2016
Notice of Public Hearing
Pierce Transit's draft edition of the Long Range Plan, titled Destination 2040, has been filed with the Clerk of the Board. A copy of the entire draft plan, including the appendices, is available for review and comment until April 1, 2016. Read More »
March 1, 2016
November 20, 2015
October 26, 2015
Pierce Transit is accepting applications to fill three current vacancies on its Community Transportation Advisory Group (CTAG). New CTAG appointees will serve a three-year term, beginning with their first CTAG meeting on January 28, 2016 and ending Janua Read More »