- Getting Around
Welcome To Vanshare
Vanshare is a Pierce Transit service that bridges the gap between a transit station and home or work. If you ride the bus or train to a transit station, vanshare can take you to the rest of the way.
Vansharing Is Simple
- Start a new vanshare with only 3 people
- Monthly fare is $145 split evenly among the group
- Vanshare commute of 30 miles or less
Your vanshare fare covers:
- Vehicle maintenance
- Reserved parking at commuter station
FORMING A NEW VANSHARE IS EASY!
- Find a minimum of three participants to start a vanshare
- Have each rider complete a Vanpool Application and Agreement.
- Decide on your route, pick-up points, and schedule.
- Start your commute! Save money and time with premium parking!
To start a new vanshare, call 253.983.3792 or email CommuteSolutions@PierceTransit.org.
Need help finding riders? Visit our How to Recruit Riders page.
Who can drive the van?+
All drivers must have five years of recent driving history, a valid driver license, a safe driving record, and proof of insurability. All potential drivers must also successfully complete Pierce Transit’s online defensive driving course.
Who can ride in the van?+
Any commuter who is over 18 years of age and has registered with the vanshare can reserve a seat in the vehicle.
How far can a vanshare commute each day?+
Vanshare groups can travel up to 30 roundtrip miles per day.
Who maintains and insures the vehicle?+
Both insurance and vehicle maintenance is covered by Pierce Transit and is included in your monthly fare.