- Getting Around
Welcome To Vanshare
Tired of circling for parking hoping to find that one last space? Search no more. Vanshare is your solution!
What is vanshare?
Vanshare is a Pierce Transit service that bridges the gap for commuters who take the bus or train most of the way to work. If you need help getting from home to the transit station, or from the transit station to work, just connect and go with vanshare!
- Vanshares can start with 3 participants
- Monthly fare is $145 split among participants
- Daily round trip of 30 miles or less
- There is currently no charge to park at Sound Transit and Pierce Transit facilities.
Here’s what your vanshare fare covers:
- Vehicle maintenance
- Reserved parking at commuter station
FORMING A NEW VANSHARE IS EASY!
- Find a minimum of five participants to start a vanpool
- Have each rider complete a Vanpool Application and Agreement.
- Decide on your route, pick-up points, and schedule.
- Start your commute! Save money and time with premium parking!
To start a new vanshare, call 253.581.8000, select Option 3, then Option 2 or email Vanpool@PierceTransit.org.
Need help finding riders? Word of month is the best way, so talk to friends and coworkers. You can also post a "Riders Wanted" sign at work, or visit rideshareonline.com/, our ridematching database, to find potential riders. Get instant results when you search.
Who can drive the van?+
All drivers must have five years of recent driving history, a valid driver license, a safe driving record, and proof of insurability. All potential drivers must also successfully complete Pierce Transit’s online defensive driving course.
Who can ride in the van?+
Any commuter who is over 18 years of age and has registered with the vanshare can reserve a seat in the vehicle.
Is there a limit to the number of miles the group can travel to or from the Sounder Station?+
Yes. Vanshares can serve groups that travel 30 or less round trip miles per day.
Who maintains and insures the vehicle?+
Can I operate a vanshare vehicle from my home to the Tacoma Dome Station or a Sounder Station?+
Yes. As long as the round trip mileage remains at 30 miles or less per day and Pierce Transit approves the parking location