- Getting Around
Welcome Smart CommuterWhether your goal is to save money on your commute, spend less time driving, help the environment, or all of these, you've come to the right place!
A vanpool is a group of 5 to 15 people sharing the ride in a 7-, 12-, or 15-passenger van. Our vanpools serve groups traveling to and from work, whose trip origin or destination is within Pierce County. Benefits of vanpooling include:
- Low monthly fare that covers fuel, maintenance and insurance
- Save money and reduce wear and tear on your personal vehicle
- Less stress commuting to and from work
- Use of HOV lanes reduces travel time
- Emergency Ride Home option
- Bike racks available, at no additional cost
- Reduces pollution and traffic congestion
The convenience and ease of sharing the ride makes vanpooling a great alternative to driving along.
Join an existing vanpool or form a new vanpool today!
"I'm loving the vanpool. Everyone is so nice. The drivers are great, timely and safe. I'm glad to be in the vanpool, especially during the rainy dark seasons." Cynthia