ORCA BUSINESS ACCOUNTS
What is ORCA?
ORCA (One Regional Card for All), is a transit pass program that uses smart card technology. ORCA is accepted for travel on Pierce Transit, Sound Transit, King County Metro Transit, Kitsap Transit, Community Transit, Everett Transit, and Washington State Ferries. With ORCA, individuals or businesses can purchase different monthly regional PugetPasses or load a dollar amount into an “e-purse” account. Users then simply tap their card at an ORCA card reader, and their pass product is recognized or the fare is automatically deducted from their e-purse account. ORCA gives your business a convenient way to provide bus, train, ferry, or vanpool benefits to your employees.
There are two ORCA account options available for businesses:
ORCA Business Choice – Business Choice allows employers to load a specific dollar amount or any PugetPass onto their employees’ ORCA cards at retail pricing on a monthly basis. This option allows the employer the flexibility to subsidize as much or as little of their employee’s transportation costs, for as few or as many of their employees as they want.
ORCA Business Passport – Business Passport is a deeply discounted comprehensive annual transportation pass program for employers with 20-499 employees (minimum of 5 employees for downtown Tacoma businesses due to the designation of a Growth and Transportation Efficiency Center). Custom Passport is also available for companies over 500 employees. Business Passport includes unlimited travel on all Pierce Transit, Sound Transit, King County Metro Transit, Kitsap Transit, Community Transit, and Everett Transit services (with a ferry add-on option) 100% vanpool subsidies, and Emergency Ride Home (ERH) taxi service. With this option employers must purchase Business Passport for all benefits eligible employees, but can share up to 50% of the annual cost with employees. For pricing and to see how Business Passport works Click Here.Benefits to Employer:
- ORCA transit pass programs are a competitive employee benefit that allows you to attract and retain the best employees.
- ORCA business accounts are easy to administer; you can load products, order new cards, and block lost or stolen cards all online.
- Providing easy access to transit supports sustainability goals and helps free up valuable parking for customers and clients.
- Tax-free or company subsidized transit passes allow employees to get to work affordably, conveniently and sustainably.
- Taking transit reduces employees’ stress and allows them to utilize their commute time more efficiently by reading, checking email, or just relaxing.
- One easy-to-use card provides access to many different modes of transportation.
Pierce Transit Employer Services staff is happy to meet with your company and provide an overview of the ORCA business account options, give detailed cost comparisons, identify tax benefits, share additional incentives offered to partnering businesses, and answer any questions about employee transit programs.
For additional information or to set up an in person visit, contact: Sharon Stockwell, Employer Services Coordinator at 253.581.8112 or firstname.lastname@example.org