News & Announcements
PACIFIC AVENUE/STATE ROUTE 7 BUS RAPID TRANSIT (BRT)
RUNNING WAY OPTION, STATION LOCATIONS, AND TACOMA DOME STATION ACCESS FOR THE LOCALLY PREFERRED ALTERNATIVE (LPA)
A public hearing will be held as part of the Board of Commissioners’ meeting on Monday, February 11, 2019. The meeting begins at 4:00 pm and is held in the Pierce Transit Training Center - Rainier Conference Room, 3720 96th Street SW, Lakewood, Washington 98499.
The purpose of the Public Hearing is to allow public comment on:
- The recommended BRT running way option
- Curbside/Business Access Transit Lanes – Under this alternative, buses would travel in the outside (right) lane of the roadway. Transit riders would access curbside BRT stations from the sidewalk.
- Hybrid/Median – Under this alternative, buses would travel in the center of the roadway in designated segments. Transit riders would be required to cross half the roadway width to access median BRT stations.
- The 31 proposed BRT station location pairs, plus one at each terminus; and
- BRT access (routing) from Pacific Avenue to Tacoma Dome Station and back before continuing north into downtown Tacoma or south to Spanaway.
The public is invited to appear at the hearing to offer testimony. Written comments should be submitted to Tina Lee, Planning Manager, 3701 96th Street SW, Lakewood, WA 98499, no later than Thursday, February 28, 2019.
More information on the project, including a virtual open house and the ability to submit feedback on proposed station locations, is available online at RideBRT.com
Registered SHUTTLE customers may obtain specialized transportation to and from the hearing by calling SHUTTLE at (253) 581-8000, Option 2, from one to five days in advance of the hearing. An interpreter for the hearing impaired will be provided upon request with a minimum notice of five days.
January 30, 2019
Notice of Public Hearing
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING PACIFIC AVENUE/STATE ROUTE 7 BUS RAPID TRANSIT (BRT) RUNNING WAY OPTION, STATION LOCATIONS, AND TACOMA DOME STATION ACCESS FOR THE LOCALLY PREFERRED ALTERNATIVE (LPA Read More »
January 7, 2019
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING PROPOSED SALE OF SURPLUS PROPERTY
A public hearing will be held as part of the Board of Commissioners Meeting on Monday, January 14, 2019, at 4:00 PM. Read More »
December 14, 2018
November 24, 2018
McKinley Way overpass opens Friday, Nov. 16, in Tacoma
After a two-year closure, a key downtown Tacoma thoroughfare is reopening for all users of the road. Read More »
November 1, 2018
Notice of Special Board Meeting
The Pierce Transit Board of Commissioners Regular Meeting scheduled for November 12, 2018, at 4:00 p.m. has been rescheduled to November 15, 2018, at 10:00 a.m. due to the Veteran’s Day Holiday. Read More »
November 1, 2018
October 19, 2018
Notice of EFC Meeting Cancellation
Notice is hereby given that the Pierce Transit Executive Finance Committee (EFC) meetings of Thursday October 25, 2018, and November 22, 2018, have been cancelled. Read More »
October 18, 2018
Pierce Transit seeks public input on reserved permit parking at Tacoma Dome Station
Public invited to take online survey, provide comment at drop-in sessions Read More »