Changes to Pierce Transit Service, May through June, 2020
MONDAY, MAY 18
The Bus Shop Customer Service lobby at Tacoma Dome Station reopens with limited hours
- Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., until further notice
- To maintain social distancing, only two customers will be allowed to enter The Bus Shop lobby at a time. Thank you for your patience.
- Customers are strongly encouraged to wear a mask or other face covering
- Customer service phone assistance remains open:
- Monday through Friday
- 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
SUNDAY, MAY 24
Pierce Transit adds back some bus service
This level of service is expected to run through September 19, 2020. Beginning May 20, you may download new schedules in our digital Routes and Schedules book at PierceTransit.org/pierce-transit-routes. Watch PierceTransit.org/pierce-transit-routes for updated timetables May 24.
- Routes 1, 2, 48, 54, 500 – Weekdays on normal schedule (Route 1 with enhanced service).
- Routes 3, 4, 10, 11, 16, 28, 41, 42, 45, 52, 53, 55, 57, 100, 202, 206, 212, 214, 400, 402, 409, 501 – On weekdays the bus will only arrive as often as it would on Saturdays, but the schedule will have typical weekday morning start/evening end times.
- Route 63 – On weekdays, running on a modified schedule with reduced trips.
- Route 497 – On weekdays, running on a modified schedule with reduced trips to align with the Sound Transit Sounder schedule.
- Routes 13, 102, 425 – Service discontinued until further notice.
MONDAY, MAY 25
SUNDAY, JUNE 14
Fares reinstated for Pierce Transit bus and SHUTTLE vehicles
- Regular fares reinstated for buses and SHUTTLE paratransit vehicles.
- Passengers will begin boarding from the front doors.
CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR PURCHASING FARE, GETTING ROUTE INFORMATION
- Starting Monday, May 18, the lobby at The Bus Shop (at Tacoma Dome Station) will reopen on weekdays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. (until further notice). Two customers in the lobby at a time for social distancing; facial coverings highly recommended.
- Customers can continue to reach Pierce Transit Customer Services by phone at 253.581.8000, Option 1, 1, weekdays from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Customers may purchase Pierce Transit tickets and passes through the Hopthru app.
- ORCA customers can call 888.889.6368, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to get assistance.
- ORCA retail outlets; visit PierceTransit.org/orca-outlets for Pierce County locations, hours and forms of payment.
- ORCA Ticket Vending Machines will be back online June 1 – visit www.orcacard.com for locations.
- When's the next bus?
- PierceTransit.org/Change updated schedules on each route page
- Text 253.533.7084, enter bus stop number found on pole
- Use a bus locator app, such as Transit or One Bus Away