Notice of Public Hearing
PACIFIC AVENUE/STATE ROUTE 7 BUS RAPID TRANSIT (BRT)
RUNNING WAY OPTION, STATION LOCATIONS, AND TACOMA DOME STATION ACCESS FOR THE LOCALLY PREFERRED ALTERNATIVE (LPA)
A public hearing will be held as part of the Board of Commissioners’ meeting on Monday, February 11, 2019. The meeting begins at 4:00 pm and is held in the Pierce Transit Training Center - Rainier Conference Room, 3720 96th Street SW, Lakewood, Washington 98499.
The purpose of the Public Hearing is to allow public comment on:
- The recommended BRT running way option
- Curbside/Business Access Transit Lanes – Under this alternative, buses would travel in the outside (right) lane of the roadway. Transit riders would access curbside BRT stations from the sidewalk.
- Hybrid/Median – Under this alternative, buses would travel in the center of the roadway in designated segments. Transit riders would be required to cross half the roadway width to access median BRT stations.
- The 31 proposed BRT station location pairs, plus one at each terminus; and
- BRT access (routing) from Pacific Avenue to Tacoma Dome Station and back before continuing north into downtown Tacoma or south to Spanaway.
The public is invited to appear at the hearing to offer testimony. Written comments should be submitted to Tina Lee, Planning Manager, 3701 96th Street SW, Lakewood, WA 98499, no later than Thursday, February 28, 2019.
More information on the project, including a virtual open house and the ability to submit feedback on proposed station locations, is available online at RideBRT.com
Registered SHUTTLE customers may obtain specialized transportation to and from the hearing by calling SHUTTLE at (253) 581-8000, Option 2, from one to five days in advance of the hearing. An interpreter for the hearing impaired will be provided upon request with a minimum notice of five days.