The Tacoma Community College Transit Center and Park & Ride, located at S. 19th St. and Mildred St. in Tacoma, closed Aug. 6 for much-needed repairs and improvements. The Park & Ride will reopen Oct. 8, when transit riders will find:
- Upgraded LED lighting for enhanced visibility and safety;
- Shelter renovations, including new roofs, new paint and enhanced lighting;
- New seats, with additional seating added for customer comfort;
- Updated curb ramps and sidewalks;
- Newly-numbered parking stalls, making it easier for people to find their cars at the end of the day; and
- New, brightly-painted parking stall striping, which will help people better see stall outlines and avoid two-spot parking.
The project was completed within the estimated time frame, and is on budget at about $1.5 million.
Starting Oct. 8, commuters that ride the following routes can again park at the Tacoma Community College Park & Ride and catch their bus at the transit center there: Pierce Transit routes 1, 2, 10, 16, 28, 52, 53 and 100, as well as Sound Transit Route 595.