Sign up to receive notification when Board and Committee agendas are posted.
Pierce Transit to restore additional bus service Sept. 20
- Route 4 – Will serve Pierce College Puyallup on weekdays.
- Route 13 – This route had been temporarily suspended, but is being restored Sept. 20. To more closely match the needs of commuters and students Monday through Friday, all morning trips will travel toward Tacoma Dome Station, and all afternoon and evening trips will travel toward Proctor & North 24th Street.
- Route 100 – Due to increasing ridership on this route and the need to run larger buses, the route will no longer turn into the Uptown Shopping Center, but will stop outside it. In addition, the bus stop at Pioneer and Grandview northbound is removed, because larger vehicles could not safely make a right turn on Pioneer Way from Kimball Drive.
- Route 102 – This route will remain discontinued until further notice. Alternative routes include Route 100 and Sound Transit Route 595 to Tacoma Community College in Tacoma, with connecting bus routes to downtown Tacoma.
- Route 212 – Will not serve Pierce College on Sundays.
- Route 402 – Reduced to hourly service on weekdays.
- Route 425 – This route had been temporarily suspended, but is being restored with this service change. On weekdays, the service operates hourly service from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.; on Saturdays, the service runs every two hours from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- JBLM Connector On-Demand Service – After being discontinued temporarily due to COVID-19, this on-demand service is available again beginning Sept. 20.
- Sunday service will be reduced on many routes, with one-hour frequency on Routes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 500, and two-hour service on most other routes.
- Checking their routes on PierceTransit.org/pierce-transit-routes
- Using the Transit bus locator app
- Texting 253.533.7084 from their bus stop and entering the bus stop number found on the pole
- Calling the agency’s Customer Service Office at 253.581.8000, option 1, 1
- Riders can also sign up for route text alerts by visiting PierceTransit.org/StayConnected