- Getting Around
What is the JBLM Runner?
The JBLM Runner is an innovative on-demand service specific to military personnel needing transportation services to and from the Joint Base Lewis-McChord military base. There are eight designated and convenient locations where military staff can call and be picked up or dropped off. Riders must show their military ID to board, and pay their fare using an ORCA pass, the Hopthru app, an All Day Pass, or exact cash. By calling ahead, riders will access dispatch, who will coordinate a driver and vehicle for their convenience. Providing these services is a great way to serve our military personnel who sacrifice so much for us daily.
What is the zone?The JBLM Runner will meet you for pick-ups/drop-offs at:
- Lakewood Transit Center
- Lakewood Sounder Station - Bay 6
- Bridgeport Way & Pacific Hwy SW
- Bridgeport Way & San Francisco Ave SW
- Barnes Blvd & D St SW
- McChord Base Exchange (Barnes Blvd & 14th St)
- Air Museum (Barnes Blvd & Lincoln Blvd SW)
- JBLM Commissary
There are 4 ways to pay
- Pay cash in the farebox.
- Use the Hopthru app with mobile fare of your choice (One Ride Ticket, All Day Pass or 30 Day Pass)
- All Day Pass
Fare is $2 for adults, $1 for youth or those with a Regional Reduced Fare Permit