- Transit Apps
- Community Van
- Commute Solutions
- Safety & Security
- Permit Parking
- Destination 2040
- Stay Connected
- Bus Schedule Order Form
- Public Documents
2023 Joint Base Lewis-McChord Airshow & Warrior Expo
July 15 & 16
Catch the Pierce Transit Express at these Lakewood locations:
11424 Pacific Hwy SW
SR 512 Park & Ride
10617 S. Tacoma Way
Service runs every 15 minutes from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Return service to parking locations resumes at 4 p.m., with the last trip leaving JBLM at approximately 5 p.m.
Parking is FREE and the bus ride is FREE.
Learn more by visiting the JBLM Airshow & Warrior Expo HERE!
The 2023 Joint Base Lewis-McChord Airshow & Warrior Expo is a “GO” for July 15-16 at McChord Field. This will be JBLM’s first airshow in seven years. The all-day event will feature the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds as the marquee act.
The JBLM Airshow & Warrior Expo theme is “Warriors Wanted: Explore Your Destiny.” In addition to more than a dozen air acts, hundreds of JBLM Soldiers and Airmen will be on hand with dozens of airframe and vehicle ground displays from JBLM.
This will showcase the equipment Airmen and Soldiers use at the base every day, and the public will be able to go inside the planes, helicopters, and vehicles on display, and speak directly with the crews who operate them.
The 2023 Airshow & Warrior Expo will also celebrate 50 years of women in modern military aviation and 30 years of women in combat aviation.
The 2023 JBLM Airshow & Warrior Expo is free and open to the general public. It’s Joint Base Lewis-McChord’s way of thanking the Puget Sound community for their support of service members and military families.
- NO DRUGS: Marijuana and illegal drugs are strictly prohibited on Federal installations.
- NO CONCEALED WEAPONS: JBLM does not recognize any concealed weapons permits.
- NO WEAPONS: Knives (of any sort or size), firearms (regardless of credential or CWP), scissors, tasers, stun guns, pepper spray/mace, pocket tools, box cutters, nunchakus, batons, toys that resemble guns, laser pointers, fireworks, ammunition, etc.
- NO WHEELS: Skateboards, skates, rollerblades, Heelys, scooters, bikes, hoverboards, Segways, electric unicycles, Onewheels, and the likes are not permitted.
- NO PETS: Exception - Medical Service Dogs (certified, harnessed and leashed) and Military Working Dogs. SAFETY NOTE: the airfield concrete surfaces get very hot on a July summer day.
- NO OUTSIDE FOOD: Food, coolers, cans/bottles, glass containers, alcohol or liquids are not permitted. Exception - baby food.
- NO LARGE BAGS: Bags may be either clear stadium-approved plastic tote bags (not to exceed 12” x 12” x 6”) or school-size backpacks (not to exceed 20” x 15”). Exceptions: oxygen tanks.
- NO LARGE LAWN CHAIRS: Standard-sized folding camping chairs are allowed but must be out of bags when searched.
- NO TENTS, POP-UP CANOPY, AWNINGS or LARGE GOLF/BEACH UMBRELLAS: Exception - standard umbrellas not exceeding 40” (when opened) are allowed.
- NO DRONES, FLYERS OR RADIO EQUIPMENT: Remote control aircraft, all flying/bouncing objects, balloons, spray paint and silly strings are not permitted.
- NO SMOKING except in designated areas. No Marijuana vape concentrate.
- Ear protection
- Comfortable shoes
- Charged cell phones
- WATER: Water in store-bought, unopened/sealed clear plastic bottles, empty refillable drink containers, and empty hydration pack (i.e., CambelBaks) are allowed. Refillable water stations will be available.
- STROLLER, WHEELCHAIRS, ETC: Wheelchairs, walking aids, strollers and wagons are allowed. Strollers cannot exceed 31” x 52” and wagons cannot exceed 19” x 33”.
- BABY ITEMS: Baby food, milk/formula, strollers, diaper bags are allowed.
- SERVICE DOGS: Only Medical Service Dogs are allowed (certified, harnessed and leashed).