WORKPLACE TRANSPORTATION PROGRAMS ARE GOOD FOR BUSINESS
Pierce Transit works with employers to develop transportation programs that help employees improve their commutes. We provide one-on-one assistance in setting up ORCA Business Accounts to subsidize transit passes, forming carpools and vanpools, educating employees and managers through on-site meetings, and providing incentives to encourage smart commutes. We work with businesses of all sizes. For information about setting up a workplace transportation program, call Karen Henderson at 253.581.8008 or Sharon Stockwell at 253.581.8112 or visit PierceTrips.com.
We offer a variety of free services designed to support a transportation program that’s just right for your business and employees
ETC Development and Support
The Employee Transportation Coordinator (ETC) is an integral part of every workplace transportation program. The following services ensure the success of this key person:
- New Employee Transportation Coordinator orientation meetings
- Variety of promotional and marketing materials
- Network meetings
- Commuter Information Center boards
- Reserved carpool/vanpool parking signage
- Survey assistance
- Relocation assistance
- ETC recognition through annual Summit Awards
Trip Reduction Strategy Consultation
We provide consultation services to help develop an appropriate mix of trip reduction strategies which is the key to a successful workplace program. These services include:
Pierce Transit’s Employer Services staff is happy to present to employees, managers, and other interested parties topics such as the benefits of commute options, how to overcome barriers, and the value of ORCA (One Regional Card for All) Business Accounts.
Transportation Fairs and Events
Pierce Transit’s Employer Services staff is available to help Employee Transportation Coordinators (ETCs) plan and promote transportation fairs and other special events. We will assist with providing materials, staffing of booths, ridematching and trip planning.
We will also meet with employees in a round-table environment such as a brown bag lunch, to educate and inform them on commute options.
The following materials are available at no cost to businesses in Pierce County;
- Brochures and Posters: Carpool, Vanpool, RideshareOnline.com and more
- Bus Books: Pierce Transit and Sound Transit route schedules and maps
- Carpool and Vanpool Signage: Parking signs and permits
- Pierce County bike maps
- Commuter Information Center boards: (38” wide x 27” high x .25” thick) Acrylic boards that display an ETC’s name, poster, schedules, and brochures
Pierce Transit’s Employer Services staff provides all promotional campaign materials such as the campaign toolkit, posters, brochures, graphics, and customized materials for various campaigns such as Relax Rewards, Love to Ride, Wheel Options, and the Bike Month Commuter Challenge.