We're working on our Long Range Plan for transit in Pierce County through 2040. As part of our public involvement and outreach process, we are attempting to gather more detailed or robust information from existing passengers and the general public regarding suggested improvements or changes to the fixed route bus network. Please use the interactive map below, we value your feedback and appreciate your assistance in helping us improve transit in your community.
To view on your mobile device or on a new page click HERE
A lot has changed since Destination 2040 laid out a future for Pierce Transit in 2016. We want your input on how transit can work better for you! Please join us at an open house, where you can review various ideas for future growth or system improvements and voice your opinion.
The LRP Update will cover:
- Essential changes since 2016
- The Fixed route network restructured and launched in March 2017.
- Pierce Transit's Inaugural Pacific Avenue/SR 7 corridor Bus Rapid Transit project, coming in 2023.
- The Regional system expansion under Sound Transit 3 and its implications for Pierce Transit.
- Driverless vehicles and other rapidly emerging technologies that are shaping the future of mobility.
- Transit-supportive density and mixed-use infill areas designated within the City of Tacoma and in Pierce County’s centers and corridors.
- A coordinated transit system that fully integrates Pierce Transit with Sound Transit, King County Metro, Intercity Transit, and other public transportation providers.
- Service expansion benefits to personal mobility, environmental responsibility and stewardship, the economy, public health, and quality of life.
- Three new scenarios for improving and expanding the bus system at various funding levels. Evaluating current conditions against what assets would be needed to grow the system, such as new vehicles, expanded facilities, and the additional workforce to operate and maintain it in the future.
How can we make the system work even better for you?
- Pierce Transit will reevaluate local and express bus routes, including new Bus Rapid Transit lines.
- With your help, we hope to identify potential new or expanded routes too.
- Which existing routes should be improved?
- Are you most interested in shorter waits between buses, longer spans of service, or increased weekend trips?
- We know that a safe and simple pathway to our buses is essential.
- How could it be made easier to walk, bike, roll, or use a mobility aid to get you to the bus?
- From your perspective, what areas are currently underserved?
- Are there any key destinations to where you would ride Pierce Transit if you could?
- Pierce county's population is the second highest in the state, and Pierce Transit wants to most effectively plan for it.
- What areas could use more bus service now or in the future?