- Getting Around
Vanpool with us March 10-31 and we’ll cover your ride.
What is Vanpool?
A vanpool is a group of 5 to 15 people who share their work commute. Riders pay a low monthly fare and enjoy a cost-effective, safe, reliable commute.
Vanpooling Saves You Money
Vanpooling is an affordable solution to fight today’s expensive commuting costs. According to AAA, it costs an average of 58.99¢ per mile* (effective 2018) to operate a personal vehicle, and we’re not talking SUVs! Multiply that by your yearly commute miles and the total cost can be staggering.
Try it out in March. If you decide to join the vanpool, become a monthly rider and pay a low monthly fare.
Enjoy the Benefits!
Many employers provide incentives for vanpooling ranging from a few dollars to a full fare subsidy, and offer preferential parking. Ask your employer about their Commute Trip Reduction program.
In addition to enjoying the possible benefit of an employer subsidy, you will also:
- Save money
- Reduce wear and tear on your car
- Reduce commuting stress
- Access HOV lanes
Low Monthly Fares
Vanpool fares are based on the van’s daily round trip mileage and the number of riders in the van. Fares cover the costs of operating the vanpool, including fuel, insurance and maintenance.
Go ahead and sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.
5 FREE TO GO
FREE TO GO offers new, qualifying trial users up to 5 free vanpool rides. We figure once you try vanpooling, you will decide it’s the only Way to Go!
Here's how it works:
- To qualify for FREE TO GO, the rider must be a new, trial vanpool rider who has not ridden Pierce Transit vanpool in the previous 12 months.
- The offer is good on Pierce Transit vanpools only.
- All rides must be taken in the same calendar month.
- The trial user must complete a participant agreement before riding.
- Once the 5 rides are used, the trial rider either joins the vanpool as a regular monthly rider or discontinues riding.
Note: Once you've used the 5 free rides, if you decide to join the vanpool, pay either the monthly fare or the daily fare for any additional rides in the month, whichever is less. The 5 free days may not be applied toward a reduction in the monthly fare.
Contact us or any Pierce Transit vanpool bookkeeper for more FREE TO GO information.