- Getting Around
Welcome To VanshareTired of circling for parking hoping to find that one last space? Search no more. Vanshare is your solution!
- New vanshares can start with five participants
- Monthly fare are $145 split among participants
- Enjoy permit parking at Tacoma Dome Station, Puyallup Station, and Sumner Stationat no extra charge. For additional reserved parking locations, contact your Pierce Transit Vanpool Coordinator at 253.581.8000.
What is vanshare?
Vanshare is a Pierce Transit service that bridges the gap for commuters who take the bus or train most of the way to work. If you need help getting from home to the transit station, or from the transit station to work, just connect and go with vanshare!
Vanshare is used for:
- The first leg of your trip: Home to the Park & Ride or train station
- The last leg of your trip: Park & Ride or train station to work
- Daily round trip of 30 miles or less
- Running personal errands - Additional charges apply
Here’s what your vanshare fare covers:
- Vehicle maintenance
- Reserved parking at commuter station
Starting a vanshare is as easy as 1-2-3!
Form your group.
You only need a minimum of 5 fare-paying participants to start a vanshare. Each vanshare has a primary driver, backup driver and bookkeeper.
Word of mouth is the best way to find participants, so talk to friends and coworkers. You could also post a "Riders Wanted" sign at work, and visit RideshareOnline.com to create a profile to find potential commuters to join your vanshare.
Plan the details.
Talk among your group to determine the schedule, and pick-up locations. Submit paperwork and take our convenient online training and you are ready to go!
Start your commute!
Start saving money and time with premium parking!
You could win!
Fill out the online form and and be entered into a drawing for a $20 gift card. Thirty winners will be chosen!
- Who can drive the van?
All drivers must have five years of recent driving history, have a valid driver license, a safe driving record, and proof of insurability. All potential drivers must also pass Pierce Transit’s online defensive driving course.
- Who can ride in the van?
Any commuter who is over 18 years of age and has registered with the vanshare can reserve a place in the vehicle.
- Is there a limit to the number of miles the group can travel to or from the Sounder Station?
Yes. Vanshares can serve groups that travel 30 or less round trip miles per day.
- Who maintains and insures the vehicle?
- Can I operate a vanshare vehicle from my home to the Tacoma Dome Station or a Sounder Station?
Yes. As long as the round trip mileage remains at 30 miles or less per day and Pierce Transit approves the parking location.