- About Us
- Pierce Transit At A Glance
- Board of Commissioners
- Executive - Finance Committee (EFC)
- Combined Communications Network
- Customer Service
- Service Area
- Budget & Finances
- Contact Us
- About Us
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF SERVICE DELIVERY & SUPPORTThe Executive Director of Service Delivery and Support reports to the Chief Executive Officer and participates as a member of the Executive Team in the overall administration of the Agency. The Executive Director provides leadership and direction to the following departments:
- Fixed route service delivery consisting of 36 local routes and 13 commuter routes
- Service support including service supervisors, dispatch and communications center, paratransit service, eligibility and customer call center
- Customer Service
- Public Safety
Additional responsibilities of the Executive Director include the following:
- Sets the direction for the Service Delivery and Support division in alignment with Pierce Transit’s strategic plan through the implementation of innovative best practices; assumes overall responsibility for defining and executing Pierce Transit’s operational goals; analyzes current practices and data in order to identify customer demands.
- Ensures accurate, appropriate and timely information- sharing with internal and external stakeholders, including Pierce Transit’s Board of Commissioners, the CEO, the Executive Team, and other departments; influences and garners support for key initiatives from internal and external stakeholders.
- Inspires confidence, trust and consistently high achievement in staff through effective leadership and interpersonal behavior; fosters a culture of innovation and efficiency; actively participates in human resources decision-making within the division.
- Serves on the Agency’s negotiating team to negotiate labor contracts and side agreements as necessary; works collaboratively with the union to resolve issues at the earliest possible stage; works in partnership with the Labor Relations Officer to resolve division grievances, arbitrations and other complaints related to the collective bargaining agreements.
- Leads the development and execution of the division budget and brings creative ideas and methods for diversifying revenue streams and reducing expenses; monitors and approves expenditures in accordance with Agency policy and principals of sound and ethical fiscal management in a public environment. • Attends, chairs and conducts a variety of meetings within the Agency and in the community; serves on committees and task forces; represents the Agency at local and regional meetings; makes oral presentations at meetings, conferences and other events.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATEPierce Transit is seeking a decisive, proactive and collaborative senior transit leader with an inclusive style and action orientation. The successful candidate will possess a demonstrated ability to effectively articulate and implement strategic plans. Candidates should have a proven record of success as a senior leader of a service delivery/operations division in a large transit agency. Significant prior experience interpreting and implementing complicated policies and procedures, managing large budgets, and ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations is also essential.
- Inspiring and Courageous Leadership: Ability to inspire, persuade, engage, speak straight- forwardly about complex transit issues, make tough decisions and take difficult actions. Display balanced thinking that combines analysis, wisdom, experience and perspective. Produce data-driven decisions that withstand the “test of time”.
- Creativity and Innovation: Ability to generate new, innovative and visionary approaches to transit systems that are effective and responsive. Bring a perspective on emerging and leading transit trends and best practices.
- Build a Talented, Effective Team: Hire, mentor, develop, retain, and manage a diverse staff. Assemble and reinforce a cohesive, dedicated, highly effective inter-disciplinary team. Ability to lead a team through change processes.
- Business and Management Acumen: Ability to strategically manage human, financial and information resources. Streamline and remove processes that do not bring value. Measure success based on results. Set high standards of performance, using accountability measures and benchmarks to track progress.
- Partnering: Build alliances and collaborate across boundaries to create strategic relationships. Inspire action without relying solely on authority. Perceive the complexity of situations quickly.
- High level of integrity, ethics, transparency and responsiveness.
- Commitment to the Environment: Dedicated to creating a sustainable transit system that focuses on prevention, mitigation and adaptation.
- Commitment to Safety: Dedication to a transit system that is safe, efficient and accessible to all ages and abilities.